Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Random things I thought I'd mention...


But I couldnt be bothered to put them in any kind of coherent post so here they are -

- these people who live two doors down from us are constantly out in the corridor with their crying baby. When I say corridor i dont mean the one inside their own flat, I mean the communal corridor, where the entire floor can hear their screaming, bawling baby. I wonder why they do that? Every day, they're out there with their baby - there must be something seriously wrong with that kid, he cries sooo much. But why do they feel the need to share? Why do they have to take the kid out of the flat? I dont understand. I sometimes think of calling child services, but of course that's something I would never do. But still, take the kid indoors, he's yours, you deal with his cries, trust me when I say, nobody wants to share your pain.
- why does the media make us feel guilty if we aren't at some big public event that's taking place. Case in point the Sultan's elephant Yeah alright, it was a big elephant and it was quite amazing up close, but basically the day can be broken down to - we went, we saw, we got crushed by the surging crowd, I got annoyed and took it out on M, we fought, we got coffee and vowed to never be swayed by anything the Guardian claims "you'll be telling your grandkids about" - uh no, I dont think I'll be telling them about a giant elephant.
- I got private insurance for my back pain so I went to see an accupuncturist, who aside from poking me with needles burnt some herbs on my ankles, he told me to tell him when i feel a tingle, but the herbs burnt so fast he actually burnt my skin. Sometimes I wonder how far I go with these new-age fangled stuff, all for a bit of back pain, really.
- I won a Penguin Prize for a short story I wrote which they are publishing later in the year. I'm ecstatic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home