Friday, April 21, 2006

Outdoorsey


I've never been the outdoorsey type, probably because I've spent my life growing up in various cities. So it was with a bit of trepadation I tried camping for the first time - it was a beautiful setting and everything - pity it was in Scotland in April! Freeeeezing. The borrowed supposed 4 season sleeping bag, turned out to be a crappy, cheap sleeping bag you could pick up for £5 at Tescos. Plus the rain - which hello, I know, its Scotland, what do I expect. But lying there, with my thermals, jumper, jacket, beanie on, and shivering, waiting for the night to be over, then falling into brief fitfuls of sleep, waking up with the feeling that someone was definitely walking over to the tent, possibly to jump on it and bring it down - tiny pathetic tent that it was - and so so cold, curled up in a ball - uh yeah aside from that it was all very nice. At least the next time I'm going to sleep in a tent - in Tanzania, the Serengeti to be precise - I won't have to worry so much about the cold, as the lions and hyenas, I suspect.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, enjoy Tanzania. I had a blast there. If you go through Arusha I know some people there and some really nice spots to eat and enjoy. You should pop in and see Mama Happy who I stayed with.

One of our friends tent got attacked by a hyena because she had food in her bag. So, um, don't have any food in your bag ok?

Enjoy the Chipati!

4:52 am  
Blogger samscomps said...

what are chipatis? guess I'll find out. Would love to know your recommendations - I've passed an email on to KC so let me know!

1:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home