Friday, August 11, 2006

Posh bikini wax

So Victoria Beckham was in my local bikini wax store - not that I've ever been there mind. I've just walked past it and thought about going in there to enquire about their prices (which as it turns out are outrageous by the way - £50 for stripping off a bit of hair from your nether region!). But my friend (who is a regular bikini waxer) was in there the other day, asking about what types of bikini waxes they offer (there are so many now the mind boggles) and the sales assistant was patiently explaining the different types to her (she ended up settling for a Hollywood - wax off! It all off that is), all the while Victoria Beckham is standing patiently behind her listening to every word. Apparently she's very thin and very orange. And there was a crowd of people outside the store staring in to catch a glimpse of Posh. Like why was she in there in the first place, yeah its Notting Hill but not the posh part, you know.
Anyway you bump into quite a few "celebrities" around here and this friend suggested I create a star map to Notting Hill to sell around Portobello road. Kind of like they do in LA you know. But uh, i dont think it'll translate. Does anyone want to know where Jude Law and Sienna miller go for a drink? Or where Damon Albarn rides his bike? Yawn.... God I must be so bored to be writing about Posh spice. My brain's still in Africa I think.

4 Comments:

Blogger Harry Man said...

Hello Sam, I thought I'd drop you a line, on the off chance, out of the blue (completely, and apologies for that) that you might be the Sam I know, (I'm Alderbrook Road Harry) but equally my judgement could be utterly misplaced and appear hideously incongruous, in which case I'm sorry, and/but I like your blog anyway.

And even if you're not the Sam I think you could be (er.. oh dear that does make it sound rather as though I had some species of expectation that you would fulfill certain 'Sam' criterion, which of course is absurd so I will pursue this completely ludicrous line of reasoning no further) I would be more than happy to start a writing group with you.

Get rid of some of those Africa blues.. What do you say?

Harry

10:52 pm  
Blogger samscomps said...

No sorry Harry, I'm not that Sam... wouldnt even know where Alderbrook road is? Where is it by the way? Sounds intriguing...
Oh and what kind of stuff do you write? I saw a lot of poetry on your site. Do you write prose as well?

2:10 pm  
Blogger Harry Man said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:23 pm  
Blogger Cindy Smith, Editor, Education for the Driving Masses said...

Hey
When you know of a clebrity 'sighting' like that, you should send a tip to www.perezhilton.com for a 'shout-out'!
Awesome. :)

2:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home