Friday, July 07, 2006

No response

You know when you email people, and they never respond and you think, shit are they pissed off at me? Even though they probably aren't or couldnt' be arsed, or read your email and thought, yeah that's nice and promptly forgot about it? I dont know. Especially with people you don't really know that well. Like this writer girl, who never got back to me after a couple of emails to her. So I was like agonising about what I wrote, what did i say that so offended her? And months go by and by chance we are to meet next week at a writing gig, so i thought to myself, why not, lets email her? And it turned out she never got my email in the first place. So all this agonising for nothing.
But it's different with friends you know well. When friends i know well, especially close friends don't email me back I know they're a bit peeved. I know it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Harry said...

Yeah that annoys me too. You're like 'Hello? Hello?' all day. You keep checking your email and when's there's no reply you sink deeper into despair.

12:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get people who don't respond.

I recently had a birthday party and I sent out an email invitation that included an RSVP date (cause I needed numbers for catering) and so many STILL did not respond.

And I refused to follow any of them up because I think that is just plain rude. It certainly showed me who my real friends are anyway...

Anyway, the party was great and they all missed out. So there.

10:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home