Saturday, July 08, 2006

Sale!

The topshop sale's on and as soon as i found out I had to go on the website (like I'm really going to battle hyped up 16 year olds in an all out hormonal frenzy over discounted clothes in the actual bricks and mortar store.. puhlease) and buy a couple of items - aaah - now finally my soul is at piece... peace. Now I'm going to go read an article in the guardian (yes look at me I'm one of those people who read broadsheets on the weekend) about a woman who gave up shopping for a year. It was such an amazing feat that she wrote a book about it and the book became a success. What does that tell us about our consumerist society? Shouldn't she have just written the book and given it away for free? Why Sell the book? If I gave up computers for a year would i then go about writing about my experiences on a computer? No of course not, that just wouldn't be write, right..

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've given up on sales... it's basically stuff that other people don't want. And don't get me started on Topshop...

Good to see you back!

12:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently attended a 'history making sale' in Australia and bought a fantastic dress.

Oh, but the fantastic dress wasn't part of the sale, so I had to pay full price. But it really was fantastic, everyone says so...

11:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home