Friday, February 03, 2006

Blackboard jungle

Wow its been a week since I last wrote - which doesnt bode well for the future of this blog. Not like i'll have all these sad readers who'll lament its passing. But I dont want to RIP it just yet. Been a pretty busy girl:

5 scripts due in 5 days - an actual paid commission!
4 social engagements plus 2 professional in 4 days (yeah i'm such the social butterfly - not)
Corrupting the next generation - every week.

I've been teaching primary school kids how to write plays after school. All together now - Awwwwwww! Yeah they are greeeat kids. :P
Did get into a bit of a war of wills with this little girl who I made sit at the front of the class cos she was annoying me. And she's like No I'm sitting at the Back. I'm like no you're sitting at the front. Repeat x 2. The other teachers are looking at me like uh, you're not supposed to argue with the kids. Hey nobody taught me to teach! You're lucky I turn up. No of course its not like that. It's all very sweet and nice and we dance around in meadows. And I'm so grateful to have this opportunity to pass on my skills to the children, the lovely children.

Scary moment: doing an exercise with a kid about acting out something he's experienced recently and he mentions seeing a man jumping off a building to his death. London kids eh, they're hard by 8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home