Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Feeling hot, not, what?

Here I am, in the Middle of the East, its warm but not scorching - mild, pleasant but I'd rather it be hotter. HOT HOT Heat burn me. The mental gears are finding it hard to shift but breakdown:
Flight: anyone flown Etihad? Anyone even heard of them? Service crap, seats small, inflight entertainment pretty good - I was in the last row with 3 crying babies around me and a fat woman spilling into my seat. I even let her have the shared middle armrest all to herself. Which I think was pretty generous of me. Hate the shared armrest hoggers. And what do I get in return, constant elbowing as she shifted in her seat and a pleasant aroma of feet. Mmm I love cattle class.

Jet lag: I shouldnt, but I have it. Sleep at 4.30am, wake from sounds of loud morning prayers at 5.30am, which if I wasnt so tired would've appreciated the exoticism of it, fall asleep but wake from sounds of constant construction work at 7am, sleep, phone rings, eventually wake at 1pm. Tired.

Best part: Shoemart - I love this shop. Buy great bag and two pairs of shoes.

Memories are made of this: Watching my mum watching outrageously plotted Indian soaps. Like the one about the two women but one is a reincarnation of a man's dead wife, but now she's evil and hell bent on winning her husband back, except she's in the body of a teenager. whatta whatta?

See the Sydney riots on CNN and feel sad about it. It's all bubbling up to the surface now...

4 Comments:

Blogger samscomps said...

Mum's favourite is the one with the injured son in hospital and all these women who could potentially be his mother, and the evil plotting girlfriend, who mum hates. So they all take dna tests but someone swaps the blood samples... TRASH TV

3:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I flew on Etihad because my housemate said it was cheap and Eddie Izzard was on her flight. Those 2 words 'cheap' and 'celebrity' were enough for me! One of my flights was half empty which mean 5 whole seats to myself. Food was decent enough, can't remember the films, service always sucks if you don't turn left when you enter the plane. But not too bad I thought. The crap thing I remember was having to get to Abu Dhabi on the free shuttle bus from Sheizh Zayed Road (already over an hour from friggin' Sharjah!). But hey,save the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves said a wise old nana to me as a wee kiddie. (wise words still not taken to my head yet). Say 'ello to Dubai for me. I missed Shoemart but I did take a fancy to the 2 dirham shops and chicken schwarmas. Mmmmm. Have a kebab for me, love!

8:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, look waht i just found:

Etihad Airways presented with top Middle East catering award

Etihad Airways, the UAE's National Airline has won another award, this time the world's fastest growing airline was praised for its catering by readers of PAX International magazine at the third Annual Middle East Catering Conference in Bahrain.
United Arab Emirates: Thursday, December 15 - 2005 at 09:43 source cnn

2:04 pm  
Blogger samscomps said...

So I wrote a complaint email to Etihad about my flight. An airhostess stepped on my foot and didnt apologise, and their apparently award-winning culinary delights ran out by the time they came to serve me... their response? A standard email about how they're are upgrading their planes... whadda whadda?

11:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home