Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Expiration date conspiracy

I just ate some yoghurt that was 10 days out of date - and it tasted just fine. And its not the first time I've eaten something the label claimed was "expired". Which makes me wonder, are expiration dates just a conspiracy by food manufacturers to keep us buying new products and keep throwing out old ones even though they are perfectly usable. This way they keep churning the growing food economy - I'm assuming its growing since you know, we all eat and there's a growing world population and quite a few of us are far too fat.

I know the germaphobes of you out there are practically retching right now. Yes you know who you are ;).

Anyway here are my tips for food products the manufacturer claims are "expired":

If its smelly - it'll hurt your belly
If its green - it probably aint clean
If its mouldy - it's a bit too old-y
If its fuzzy - it'll give you a buzz-y (but make sure you dial emergency just in case)

In case you cant tell by my witty tralala writing style (wipe away those tears of laughter if you need to), this is all a bit tongue-in-cheek. Rest assured if you ever find yourself eating at my place, I promise not to serve you any expired food - well, food that I deem has expired anyway (which may or may not correlate with the date on the box)... I'm kidding of course.. Really

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the re-cycle
some cities in germany and netherlands (and probably many other places) people/community groups are collecting expired food from supermarkets and hand out the food for under-income families, homeless people the so-called needy. someones germaphopia , someone elses survival. very weired.

1:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home