Thursday, December 08, 2005

Aussie blogs

So Australia's best blogs were announced recently - and the winner is some travelling chick (who's a bit boring in my opinion *yawn*). Where were my friends? Anyway, this one is quite cute.

I miss Oz. I was recently interviewed on some late night BBC radio show (you know cos I'm just so showbiz - and not just another loser they needed to fill in airtime at like midnight) and they asked what my favourite city was (since I've lived in a few - I said I was showbiz didn't I?) and I said Sydney. Sydney, Sydney, Sydney by far! Although, having met quite a few Aussies in London, I have to say that Sydney-siders end up bad-mouthing their city far more than the other Aussies (I mean hello Adelaide(ians - is it?) you've really got nothing to boast about). Apparently Sydney's like a fashion model, all pretty on the outside but shallow on the inside. Well, its kind of true... But its still a lovely place to live. I mean certainly you won't get to watch Kevin Spacey performing in Richard the II (which was great btw), but you get the beach! The weather! No contest in my opinion.

1 Comments:

Blogger samscomps said...

Well I write plays so love, love, love the theatre! And the strangers in sydney dont seem as friendly since the riots do they?
OMG did you watch Australia's NTM? *cultural cringe* They were pretty bad. But still not as bad as the ones on Britain's NTM who were just plain boring, hence really tragic TV. Like I'm sorry, but the winner was really not prettiest. The american one is still the best in my opinion, better production values...
Oh God the true tragedy of my life is revealed little by little.

3:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home