Thursday, January 26, 2006

Anti-Social Behaviour

A friend and I were discussing (via email - you mean people actually talk these days?!) that we've never looked forward to any social outing ever. Well okay that's a slight exaggeration, but generally social gatherings fill me with dread. I know its a total syndrome of today's electronic society or maybe I'm just a leper. So I have to force myself to go out, I do force myself. I'm not like a you know, hibernating bear, although I do feel like it at times especially in January. In any case I was meant to go to a dance class today. Yes an actual dance class - I've never been to a dance class unless you count the tap and ballet lessons my mother forced me to attend as a child. So anyway these dance people sent an email around asking us to bring feather boas and high heels for the stretching part of the lesson - like whatta? And there will be photographers capturing us for the website - whatta whatta? Yeah OK I know I live in notting hill but this is ridiculous. So I'm canning that idea. Now I'm faced with two other social invitiations, some literary talk or going to the pub to celebrate australia day - and you know what I'd rather do? Stay in a warm flat and watch TV. What's wrong with me? Maybe I've learnt my lesson, I went out for a little bit today and bought some shoes on the way (I'm sickeningly obsessed with shoe buying) and came back to find the DHL courier had dropped by. Now if I'd stayed at home I would've received my parcel - that'll teach me for venturing outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home