Monday, September 18, 2006

Light a million candles

I was up last night at 1.30am watching CNN*, as you do when you get up at midday on a Sunday and aren't a slave to the economic grind - ie you don't have an office to get to at 9am, although technically I have a home office so really I should be there from then on, but hey I'm the boss, which means I'm not there till well past 9. Anyway, I saw this ad and it really affected me. If you want to help click on www.lightamillioncandles.com and light a candle - they've only got 89,000 at last count and are hoping for a million by the end of the year. God I sound like one of those awful forwarded messages you delete as soon as they plague your inbox, but hey, I've got a right to send out guilt-inducing pleas once in a while too.

*For some reason CNN reminds me of being overseas, because no matter where in the world you are if you have a TV in your hotel room it'll probably be tuned to CNN.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Samscomps

I lit one too- I was number 116,195.
Doesn't take long for these things to spread hey?

rn_buffoon

1:22 pm  
Blogger samscomps said...

139,000 now! wonder if its the power of the web or the tv ads. I sent it to my friend who passed it on to everyone in their office - thats 70 people - if they pass it on thats how the word spreads. What's happened to your blog rn?

5:47 pm  
Blogger Gordon Strachan said...

I was no. 122,776

And it's up to 145,000 at the momnet, pretty amazing how fast the numbers swell! Perhaps the will make it to a million after all.

9:33 am  
Blogger Miss Construed... said...

It's still there; same address as before rnbuffoon.blogspot.com I was just having problems with beta-blogger before and didn't post for about nine days- but I'm back posting again with a vengeance- so drop on by one day!

2:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

286,492

12:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Candles lit = 1,044,778

so they made it!

2:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home