Tuesday, October 03, 2006

When marketing calls go wrong

I've been getting marketing phone calls EveryDay for the last week from some off-shore telemarketing firm, trying to sell me mobile phone packages. I think I'm a bit too nice to them. Every time they call I politely request they take me off their mailing list. And then the next day I'll get a call again. This last time before they even started to speak I said, can you please take me off your mailing list, I get calls from you every day about mobile phones! So the guy on the other end said look madam if I talk to you about mobile phones you have every right to scold me. I make the mistake of laughing and say OK, then he goes, so Madam, are you happy with your mobile phone package? Like what the...? I never should've laughed. You can't let out that you're a normal decent person. That you have a shred of humanity and manners. I should've been like this guy... Although, he seems like on the verge of a breakdown.(Make sure your sound's turned on)

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Construed... said...

I had one phonecall go like a bit like this-

'Miss N are you happy with your current mobile phone package"

'Yep'

"What about your husband's mobile phone package, Miss N?"

'Did you just hear yourself speaking?'

"Huh"

'I don't have a husband. My name is Miss N.'

I just hang up now!

12:35 pm  
Blogger ChiefMoaner said...

There was a first for me last week. I got a text telling me that someone would be contacting me shortly about my mobile phone contract! Anything more absurd than that? Cold callers actually warning you in advance!

10:21 am  
Blogger samscomps said...

thats a first - polite marketing callers. How bizarre!
Yeah hanging up is the way to go.

2:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home