Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Downward dog

Have started doing Ashtanga - I know look at me doing yoga, living in Notting hill, who do I think I am, I make myself sick.

Aside from the self-loathing I've never got the appeal of yoga - I've done it in gyms before and it's been pretty crap. All these lycra clad hippy-shaking yogi wannabes purveying a spiritual philosophy thats thousands years old as exercise! That would never be appealing if taught by an old Indian man, so they get these posh toffs who spent a Summer in Goa thinking yes! I know! Yoga! That's my calling! Pah!

But, I've decided, that there must be something to it. So I've booked myself in to a Beginners Ashtanga course. All sounded good in theory, but now when the inevitable day toils around - the day of the class - I start getting the jitters. It's dark, it's cold. Have I eaten well enough in advance so there is no gas toiling away in my nether regions waiting be released at just the wrong moment? What do I wear? What about VPL? How much of a view of my backside is the guy standing behind me getting when I do the downward dog? Dude you're meant to be hanging your head low, not looking up!

Sigh, four more sessions to go before the course is up. Can't wait.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's this blog gone? I have just read it and enjoyed it. More?

12:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home